This is the 2nd year in a row that Citizen Action of Wisconsin sought to give you the power to nominate and vote for who you think should be recognized as the Progressive Activist of the Year, and now that voting is over I am excited to tell you the results.
But first I wanted to recognize all those who voted and were nominated. This year we had our biggest showing yet for our 2015 Progressive Activist of the Year award!
- 335 votes were cast
- 36 people where nominated for the award
- People across the state voted: From Ashland to Kenosha, Door County to Iowa County, Shell Lake to Green Bay to Janesville!
And now I am happy to tell you that the winner with the most votes is...
Congratulations Jackie! Jackie not only had the most votes across the state but she has been an active supporter of Citizen Action's campaigns! From our work on economic justice to BadgerCare, Jackie has inspired and led her friends and neighbors to make Wisconsin a better place to live and work!
Jackie Cody is the current president and one of the founders of the Northern Wisconsin Center for Working People, a worker center affiliated with the AFL-CIO. She has been active in the Democratic Party of Wisconsin and an active leader in the Oneida County Dems. A public school teacher and WEAC leader for many years, Jackie has worked with Citizen Action of Wisconsin on the issues of the Affordable Care Act, the successful 2014 Oneida County BadgerCare referendum and much more! Congrats Jackie!
On this Friday, December 11th from 2:30 to 4pm at the Milwaukee Area Labor Council, Citizen Action of Wisconsin will be holding our Annual Meeting to share everything that our network did across the state in 2015, celebrate everyone who made it happen, and share big news of what's in store for 2016!
Can you join us? Click here for more details
Here's what's on the agenda:
- Recognize everyone who was nominated for an award this year, not just Jackie Cody!
- Taking the next step in health care reform to control cost and improve quality
- Changing the debate on economic opportunity and equality
- Successful launch of the Citizen Action Organizing Cooperative
- Fighting back against voter disenfranchisement, photo ID education
- Launch of new Latino organizing program
- Transforming progressive messaging to shift the debate and win real reform
This event always promises to be a big one, be sure to let us know if you're thinking of coming!
2015 Citizen Action Annual Meeting
December 11, 2015 at 2:30pm - 4pm
Yatchztck Hall, 633 S Hawley Rd Milwaukee, WI 53214
Hope to see you there!