“Will Gov. Evers’ budget invest in green jobs” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We review Congress’ inadequate COVID relief bill that was immediately trolled by Trump, calling it a disgrace and demanding $2000 relief checks he has previously opposed. The Fox con has now cost the state $1.4 billion for nothing aside from a failing real estate project. We ask the question what could the state leaders have done with $1.4 billion to invest in the creation of new green jobs throughout the state. Guest panelist Rafael Smith discusses what needs to be in Gov. Evers’ next state budget to make real advancements in creating a green economy that addresses historic racial inequality and heads off a climate catastrophe. We close by welcoming In These Times magazine fellow Alice Herman to discuss her feature story about how the toll of COVID 19 on healthcare workers, and the lack of employer or government concern, is prompting many to take labor actions and to seek to form unions.
Listen Now – Episode 473
CONTACT Gov. Evers and tell him to fund Climate Action Plans and mandate our utilities offer “on-bill” financing for home energy improvement upgrades in his state budget.
- After months of inaction, U.S. Congress approves $892 billion COVID-19 relief package.
- Trump calls on Congress to amend coronavirus economic relief bill.
- Tony Evers urges Wisconsin Republican leaders to act on COVID ‘compromise bill’.
- Evers drafts ‘compromise’ bill on COVID-19, urges GOP leaders to act.
- Justice Brian Hagedorn gets extra police protection after ruling against President Trump.
- Healthcare Workers Are Organizing Like Their Lives Depend On It.
- What Shirley Abrahamson meant to Wisconsin.