“Structural racism demands structural solutions now” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the Daunte Wright murder by Brooklyn Center police, the announcement that Jacob Blake’s shooter will face no consequences, and a state Department of Public Instruction finding that the Burlington school district is a hostile environment for Black students. We analyze the Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause in the face of a new COVID variant wave. The destructive course of the right-wing Legislature continued this week, as they plowed forward with regressive COVID relief and election bills certain to be vetoed. The U.S. Senate race heated up this week with the entrance of Citizen Action Organizing Co-op member and State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski as QAnon Ron Johnson prepares to share the stage with a right winger who believes the Jan. 6 riot was ‘staged’. We close with exciting news that the Milwaukee City/County Climate Task Force made bold proposals for use of American Rescue Act money to begin climate conversion, create good jobs and dramatically reduce racial inequality.
Listen Now – Episode #488
TAKE ACTION in support of legalized cannabis in Wisconsin.
- Kenosha officer who shot Jacob Blake in the back returns to full duty, won’t face any discipline.
- Burlington schools failed to address ‘racially hostile’ environment, DPI finds.
- Wisconsin Treasurer Sarah Godlewski joins Democratic race for Ron Johnson’s U.S. Senate seat in 2022.
- Wisconsin Senate passes COVID and election bills that face likely vetoes from Gov. Tony Evers.
- Wisconsin Senate Approves GOP Stimulus Spending Plan, Proposed Election Law Changes.
- Bice: Johnson and Kleefisch to share stage at GOP event with activist who believes Jan. 6 riot was ‘staged’.