“This is not that. This is the” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Citizen Action’s Movement Politics Director, JoAnna Bautch, to discuss Citizen Action’s new podcast, This is NOT that, which premiered this week on the 1st anniversary of George Floyd’s murder. The panel reviews the BadgerCare legislative Special Session that came and went quickly due to Republican intransigence. Despite refusing even to debate BadgerCare, legislative Republicans found time to attack transgendered kids and to threaten massive cuts to public school funding. Robert discusses the latest exodus of teachers in Wisconsin. Meanwhile, America’s premature reopening threatens million with pre-existing conditions and suppressed immunity. Who sounded the “all clear” siren in the middle of a global pandemic? Chris Larson enters an already crowded U.S. Senate race to take on disgraced WI Senator Ron Johnson. The GOP snipes at another U.S. Senate candidate, State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski. Why is Godlewski their early target in a multi-candidate field? National Democrats and mainline pundits increasingly agree that the GOP is a threat to democracy itself. But are the Democrats unified enough to stop them? We close by welcoming Citizen Action’s Driftless Organizing Co-op organizer, Ben Wilson, to discuss the proposed expansion of the Roth Feeder Pig II Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) in rural Crawford County. Will corporate agriculture win again over the health and prosperity of our rural communities?
Listen to the new This is NOT that podcast
- The special session that wasn’t; “Democrats say this, Republicans say this, you decide.”
- Republicans Did What They Said They Would Do on BadgerCare: Nothing.
- BadgerCare expansion push won’t be slowed by a special session flop.
- Legislators hear testimony on bills that would bar transgender athletes from women’s sports.
- Top Republican says Wisconsin schools shouldn’t get a general funding increase for the next two years.