“Veto Republican Budget” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss Citizen Action’s call for Governor Tony Evers’ to veto the partisan GOP State Budget that completely fails Wisconsin. Also this week: Legislative Republicans ram through voter suppression bills; slash state aid to cities that cut police funding; and eliminate yet another business tax, threatening local revenue. Meanwhile, the State Senate passes an author-less legislative scheme to keep the 2011 gerrymandered maps for 2022 elections. Next, the panel reviews the threatening trend of Walker appointees staying on key boards and committees after their terms expire. We close with discussion of this week’s failed U.S. Senate vote on For the People Act and ask the key question on the minds of all democracy-loving people: what’s now?
Listen Now – Episode #498
JOIN Citizen Action of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Assembly sends bills tightening absentee voting rules to Gov. Evers.
- Wisconsin Legislature Passes Absentee Voting Restrictions.
- Wisconsin Assembly sends election bills to Gov. Evers, who is sure to veto them.
- Republicans vote to preserve gerrymandered maps for another year.
- Shrinking personal property tax could disappear for good.
- Vos says extra unemployment pay contributing to crime increase.
- Defund the police debate turns to Milwaukee fear-mongering.
- Senate Democrats’ voting rights push stalls in the face of GOP opposition.