“In These Times, progressives have the solutions” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Our panel discusses the alarming rise in COVID cases in Wisconsin as kids begin to get vaccinated. Why is this pandemic continuing into a third year with no end in sight? We discuss Ron Johnson’s shocking call for the Republican Legislature to take over the state’s election commission and run federal elections, and Judge Michael Gableman’s shameful testimony in a legislative hearing this week? Are there no limits to what the hard right GOP will do to undermine democracy? We express our deep concern that the Kyle Rittenhouse trial is not going well as the whole world (again) watches Wisconsin in horror. Finally we have an in-depth conversation with In These Times magazine publisher Joel Bleifuss about new research which shows why centrist Democrats are losing working-class voters and how the party’s progressive left has the popular bread-and-butter solutions to our electoral challenges
RSVP for our U.S. Senate Candidate Forum
Tuesday, November 16th, 6pm.
- As Wisconsin COVID-19 cases rise again, activity highest in northwest part of state.
- Lost Jobs, Lost Democrats; Neoliberal Democrats are struggling to connect with working-class voters whose communities have lost manufacturing jobs.
- Polling: How Democrats Can Win Back the Working Class; A critical moment to raise support with ALL working-class voters.
- Message to Democrats: embrace economic bread-and-butter issues to win.
- Ron Johnson calls for having Republican lawmakers take over federal elections in Wisconsin.
- Michael Gableman reveals one more staffer for his election review in testimony before lawmakers.
- Gableman investigation expanding to include nursing home allegations made by Racine County sheriff.
- Republicans continue to use WEC as partisan punching bag in committee hearing.
- Judge Bruce Schroeder’s reputation as a tough jurist comes through in Rittenhouse trial.