The Cause of Democracy: 1 year into the Biden Administration
Our panel reflects on the 1 year anniversary of the Biden Administration, taking stock of his governing successes and failures trying to manage a global pandemic, economic disruption, and an on-going right-wing insurrection. We review the record COVID case rates in Wisconsin last week, as the City of Milwaukee passes a new mask ordinance and Ron Johnson holds a Washington, DC event packed with medical quacks and other vaccine deniers. We welcome Shawn Phetteplace from Wisconsin’s Main Street Alliance to discuss the latest effort by Legislative Republicans to cut worker unemployment Insurance, access to healthcare, and food stamps in the name of putting people back to work. Shawn tells us what policy changes would actually help small businesses and workers in Wisconsin.
- 1st Year of Biden Administration has Benefited Wisconsin.
- Biden Administration one year anniversary by the numbers.
- Wisconsin reports fewer COVID-19 hospitalizations as the state’s lab reports 100% of tests sequenced contain the omicron variant.
- Ron Johnson panel on COVID-19 to bring together vaccine skeptics and promoters of unproven early treatments.
- U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson blames LBJ and Great Society for high percentage of out-of-wedlock births.
- Gableman Denied Working With a Group That Tried to Overturn the Election. The Group’s Leader Says Otherwise.
- Rep. Jodi Emerson Statement on the Ongoing Gableman Investigation.
- Rep. Mark Spreitzer, Democrats Introduce Resolution to End Sham Investigation.
- Republican bills would curtail benefit programs to boost hiring
Democrats, health care and small business advocates pan GOP proposals.
- Wisconsin Republicans seek to reduce unemployment benefits when the economy is doing well.