Citizen Action Weekly; Friday, March 11th
Friday, March 11th
Citizen Action Spring General Election Endorsements
Vote by Tuesday, April 5th
Request an absentee ballot.
Find your polling location.
All endorsed Spring Election candidates completed a Citizen Action of Wisconsin candidate questionnaire and were recommended for endorsement by leaders from one of our (5) regional organizing cooperatives. All recommended candidates were than approved by Citizen Action of Wisconsin Board.
- Nick Ross, Appleton School Board, At-large
- Antonio Godfrey Sr., Fond Du Lac School Board, At-Large
- Noah Reif, Brown County Board Dist #4
- Liv Miller, Brown County Board Dist #5
- Bryan Milz for Green Bay School Board
- James Lyerly for Green Bay School Board
- Natalie Hoffman for Green Bay City Council Dist. 4
- Eric Rorholm, Milwaukee County Board, District 3
- Ryan Clancy, Milwaukee County Board, District 4
- Peter Burgelis, Milwaukee County Board, District 5
- Juan Miguel Martinez, Milwaukee County Board, District 12
North Central Wisconsin
- Eric Olson, Portage County Executive.
- Natasha Tompkins, Marshfield City Council.
- Iddi Adam, Marshfield School Board.
- Dale Yakaites, Marshfield School Board
- Kayley McColley, Wausau School Board.
- Carol Lukens, Wausau City Council, District 1.
- Tom Kilian, Wausau City Council, District 3.
- Jesse Kearns, Wausau City Council, District 4.
- Sarah Watson, Wausau City Council, District 8.
- Kody Hart, Marathon County Board, District 3.
- Jeff Johnson, Marathon County Board, District 6.
- Yee Leng Xiong, Marathon County Board, District 19
- Tim Buttke, Marathon County Board, District 33.
- Jonathan Fisher, Marathon County Board of Supervisors, District 38
- Bob Manzke, Stevens Point School Board.
- Bobbie Gifford, Portage County Board, District 10.
- Edward Morganroth, Portage County Board, District 14.
- Kyle Gulke, Merrill City Council, District 6.
- Hans Breitenmoser, Lincoln County Board of Supervisors, District 11.
- Julie Allen, Lincoln County Board, District 19.
- Dora Gorski, Lincoln County Board, District 20.
- Kate Beaton, Eau Claire City Council, At Large.
- Joshua Miller, Eau Claire City Council, At Large.
- Charlie Johnson, Eau Claire City Council, At Large.
- Larry Mboga, Eau Claire City Council, At Large.
- Nancy Coffey, Eau Claire County Board, District 10.
- Nathan Otto, Eau Claire County Board, District 11.
- Judy Gatlin, Eau Claire County Board, District 14.
- Nick Smiar, Eau Claire County Board, District 15.
- Nathan Anderson, Eau Claire County Board, District 20.
- Missy Christopherson, Eau Claire County Board, District 29.
- Tim Nordin, Eau Claire School Board.
- Marquell Johnson, Eau Claire School Board.
- David Pierce, La Crosse County Board, District 3.
- Sharron Hampson, La Crosse County Board, District 7.
- Monica Kruse, La Crosse County Board, District 15.
- Rick Cornforth, La Crosse County Board, District 19.
- Karen Keil, La Crosse County Board, District 28.
- Dillon Mader, La Crosse County Board, District 30.
- Juan Jimenez, La Crosse School Board.
- Tanja Birke, Viroqua City Council, Ward 5.
- Joni Anderson, Adams County School Board.
- Yes on La Crosse County Clean Water Now ballot referendum.
Citizen Action endorsed candidate, Juan Miguel Martinez, this Saturday, 10AM! Get involved! Volunteer to help!
We’re all hands on deck for Juan Miguel Martinez for Milwaukee County Supervisor, District 12!
Join Citizen Action of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Working Families Party as we safely canvass the district!
Join us for State Bridges Virtual Event with Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
Join us for this State Bridges virtual event hosted by our friends at Sister District Greater Chicago and Sister District Portland on Wednesday, March 30 at 7 PM CST.
About This Event:
We know that the electoral gains we work so hard to achieve are possible in no small part because of the year-round efforts of local grassroots operations, often led by people of color, that center the voices of those most impacted by state policies.
This State Bridges event allows us to support two progressive organizations doing year-round power building in Wisconsin: Citizen Action and WISDOM!
Members of the North Central Organizing Co-op Lobby in Support of the BadgerCare Public Option Bill (LRB 5510)
On Friday, March 4th, NC Co-op member Lon Newman, lobbied Sen. Janet Bewley to ask her to support, or even co-sponsor LRB 5510, otherwise known as the BadgerCare Public Option bill. Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) reported, “According to a Legislative Reference Bureau analysis of the bill, the state Department of Health Services would be required to ask for federal approval for certain individuals over BadgerCare’s income limit to be able to purchase coverage through the program. The bill would also create a state health insurance exchange in place of the federal Healthcare.gov platform. The bill would also expand Medicaid coverage under the terms of the federal Affordable Care Act, or ACA, for people with an income at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty line. It would additionally allow businesses of 50 or fewer employees to be able to purchase coverage.”
Listen to “The Conspiracy Against Everything” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
From the conservative leaning WI Supreme Court making up the new “least changes” redistricting criterion to the Republican attempt to funnel public dollars to private schools, it seems the Sith Lords of the WI GOP are embarrassing the dark side…again! We delve into the new political maps for Wisconsin and give some political insider perspective of the new districts pros and cons. Our eye-rolling won’t stop with the newly released “Gablegate” records showing Gableman’s massive spending of public money on himself, while continuing to drive his big-lie partisan election review into the toilet. And the hits keep rolling as we call out RoJo’s past pro-Putin support and how he continues to show his unworthiness to be in office (don’t forget to Vote Nov 8th!). Speaking of terrible leadership…did you hear about the one where a bunch of white people who don’t live in Milwaukee want to dismantle the multi-racial Milwaukee School district? Join us as we try to find the punchline.
Social media post of the week