“Supreme Importance” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss this historic week where the U.S. Supreme Court surprisingly reversed Wisconsin’s redistricting maps in its scandalous shadow docket. What is going on and where do we go from here? Next, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson appeared before the U.S. Senate for ground-breaking confirmation hearing and faces shameful tactics from the Trump wing of the GOP. Will she survive the awful politics of the U.S. Senate? The panel reviews the Congressional Progressive Caucus’ new blueprint for executive action that includes 55 different items President Biden can implement without Congress. In Wisconsin, Speaker Vos hints that his GOP sham investigation may end soon. Will former President Trump let him get away with it? The Affordable Care Act (ACA) turns 12 this week and early voting has started for the April 5th Spring Election.
- U.S. high court reverses Wisconsin ruling on state legislative maps.
- Citing Too Many Black-Majority Districts, Conservatives on US Supreme Court Strike Down Evers’ New Maps.
- U.S. Supreme Court throws out Wisconsin’s redistricting plan for legislative maps.
- LWVWI Response to SCOTUS Blocking Legislative Maps.
- U.S. Supreme Court hands Wisconsin GOP a victory on maps.
- Fair Elections Project statement on SCOTUS.
- Ketanji Brown Jackson Survives a Final Bruising Day of Questions.
- Ketanji Brown Jackson defends her record under grilling from U.S. Senate Republicans.
- Vos says he may withdraw subpoenas, hinting at an end to the Republican review of the 2020 election.