“Defending democracy, defeating violence” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Speaker Vos is found in contempt of court for failing to turn over records related to his sham 2020 election “investigation.” Will the political boss of the State Assembly comply with the court order to comply with Wisconsin’s open records laws? We have an exclusive interview with Eau Claire school board president Tim Nordin about the right wing attacks on school board members, and the death threat against him that is making national and international news. Claire tells us why COVID boosters were authorized for Americans 50+ while the world continues to wait for a World Trade Organization waiver to allow the production of affordable COVID vaccines. We call out Congressional inaction on expiring Affordable Care Act subsidies that could impact the healthcare of 14 million Americans weeks before the critical November elections. Can the Democrats summon the unity to fulfill their campaign promises to make health care more affordable and to prevent a political catastrophe at the polls? We close discussing Sen. Baldwin’s fight to protect Kohl’s workers from the looming threat of vulture capitalists seeking to dismantle a profitable company.
- Robin Vos found in contempt of court for failing to turn over records about the Republican election review.
- Watch Tim Nordin’s school board election video.
- Tim Nordin: Creating Safe and Welcoming Schools for Every Student.
- ECASD Board President responds to death threat.
- Eau Claire school board president reports receiving death threat over ‘radical transgender agenda’. Anonymous email threatened to ‘shoot up school-board meeting’ over LGBTQ staff training.
- Opposition to School Pandemic Safeguards Becomes a Trojan Horse for Other Culture War Issues.
- Culture war battles in local school boards aren’t slowing down.
- Federal agencies authorize second COVID-19 booster shot for Americans 50 and older.
- Democrats Creating Their Own October Surprise. Imminent congressional inaction on Affordable Care Act subsidies will doom 14 million people, the party’s midterm chances, and health care reform for a decade.
- Oshkosh Corp. sought a lease at a Foxconn building to manufacture postal trucks before moving the work to South Carolina.
- Oshkosh Defense wanted to use Foxconn building.
- Once vowed to be ‘Eighth Wonder of the World,’ Foxconn survives as a spec development; Village still hopes to draw new businesses to Racine County site.
- Mount Pleasant Village Board repeals change to longer terms after referendum campaign.
- Judge Says Trump Likely Committed Crimes by Casting Doubt on the 2020 Election Results in Wisconsin.