“SCOTUSAUTOCRACY” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the latest shock to American democracy, the SCOTUS leak of a draft majority opinion overturning Roe V Wade, with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin’s Courtney Hayward. We explore the politics and the implications for Wisconsin. Are there ways we can fight back effectively? Yet another judge orders Assembly Republicans to prevent the destruction of records in ex Supreme Court Justice Gableman’s sham election review. Next we talk about the policy implication of a new Wisconsin poll showing that public opinion of policing remains largely unchanged over the last decade, despite the largest protest movement in American history. Where do we go from here? Finally, Citizen Action organizer Barbara Cerda joins us to invite listeners to a Southeast Wisconsin Organizing Coop 2022 Election party celebrating Spring election victories and planning for the Fall elections on Wednesday, May 11th, 5:30pm in Milwaukee.
Contact your state legislators in support of abortion rights.
Attend Citizen Action Brewfest 2022, Wednesday, June 22nd, 5:30pm
- Tony Evers leads coalition of governors calling on Congress to codify abortion rights
- Following Supreme Court opinion leak, activists protest, call for abortion rights.
- A 172-year-old abortion law could go back into effect in Wisconsin.
- Yes, Protest Can Influence the Supreme Court. Now is the time to mobilize against the Supreme Court’s attack on abortion. History shows it works.
- Abortion Rights are Workers’ Rights. The Supreme Court’s plan to strike down reproductive freedom is an attack on workers everywhere. The labor movement should treat it that way—by taking urgent action.
- Another judge orders Republicans to prevent destruction of records in Gableman election review.
- ‘I’m frankly amazed’: Another judge orders Republicans to prevent destruction of records in Gableman election review.