“Amtrak to Green Bay” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
What is the potential impact of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law after 6 months? Can it, as Green Bay Mayor Eric Genrich proposed on a media call hosted by Citizen Action this week, fund an expansion of Amtrak to the City of Champions? What do this week’s Pennsylvania primaries portend for WI? Are the insurrectionists and the progressive populists on the rise? We talk about the latest COVID spike and new data showing Pro Trump counties continue to suffer double the COVID death rates of pro-Biden counties, while President Biden continues to be quiet on the continued failure to obtain the COVID vaccine patent waiver needed to vaccinate the global south. New NPR polling finds 2/3rds of Americans oppose overturning Roe v. Wade, but does it mean anything politically? Why are Milwaukee leaders shifting blame for the shootings after the Bucks game last week by demonizing youth for the decision of adults to allow an unprecedented proliferation of guns. Also this week, who is behind the baby formula shortage? (Hint, it’s not Joe Biden).
Attend Citizen Action Brewfest, Wednesday, June 22, 6pm
Listen or watch media event with Eric Genrich and Mitch Landrieu, White House Infrastructure Coordinator
- Mayor Genrich speaks on potential of Amtrak service to Green Bay.
- Mayor Genrich makes case for Green Bay passenger train in call with White House senior adviser.
- Pennsylvania Primary Is a Preview of ‘Big Lie’ Influence in the Wisconsin GOP Race for Governor.
- Had Vaccination Rates Not Been Pummeled by Politics, More Than 5,000 in Wisconsin Would Still Be Alive Today.
- At Global Covid-19 Summit, Biden’s Silence on Pharmaceutical Monopolies Speaks Volumes.
- 3 more charged in Friday’s mass shooting in downtown Milwaukee.
- Police will begin enforcing city’s curfew ordinance for minors as first charges are filed in Friday’s shootings.
- Martial law in Milwaukee? Man has extreme plan to take streets back.