“Send Darrin Madison to Madison” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Darrin Madison, Citizen Action’s endorsed candidate for State Assembly District 10, to discuss his important primary election on August 9th and his vision for structural change in Wisconsin. Our panel reviews Ron Johnson’s odd week. He floated the idea of making Social Security and Medicare vulnerable to cuts or cancellation if not passed by Congress annually, and flip flopped twice on marriage equality. Is this good politics, or is Johnson now completely out of touch with Wisconsin voters? We update progress on President Biden’s domestic agenda, major advances on climate, health care costs, and tax fairness. The bill, which is called the Inflation Reduction Act, faces one remaining conservative Democratic hurdle, now that Manchin is on board, Kyrsten Sinema demands protecting a particularly sleazy tax break for the rich in return for her support. Since our last show, Sarah Godlewski dropped out of the U.S. Senate primary election, clearing the path for Mandela Barnes’ primary election victory. We also discuss what the overwhelming defeat of anti-Abortion forces in Kansas portend for the midterms?
Listen to the show.
Watch new Citizen Action video exposing how Sen. Ron Johnson fights hard for billionaires. Follow the money and you’ll find that Sen. Johnson is in it for himself and his wealthy donors.
Learn more about Darrin Madison.
Volunteer for GOTV Door Canvass for Mandela Barnes this weekend!
Green Bay information and RSVP; contact: [email protected]
Eau Claire information and RSVP; contact: [email protected]
Wausau information and RSVP; contact: jo[email protected]
Milwaukee information and RSVP; contact: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Ron Johnson calls for subjecting Medicare and Social Security to annual budget talks.
- Ron Johnson calls for annual approval of Social Security, Medicare funding.
- Ron Johnson expresses concerns over same-sex marriage bill as senators consider changes for GOP support.
- Kyrsten Sinema Is Demanding Democrats Keep A Tax Break For The Super-Wealthy. Reports say the Arizona senator is protecting the carried interest loophole.
- Sinema Seeks to Keep Private Equity Break, Curb Corporate Tax.
- Kansans to Alito: F*ck You.
- Battling to a Win in 2022.