71% say Union Yes” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Happy Labor Day Weekend to all our listeners. We hope you get out and participate in your area’s Labor Day events. In this episode, we take stock in the resurgence of labor organizing in America as new Gallup Polling shows 71% support unions, the highest since 1965! Will it lead to a rebuilding of the depleted ranks of organized labor, shifting power in a progressive direction, or is more structural reform needed to restore the right to form unions? The end of summer means the November Election is just around the corner. Behind in the polls, Ron Johnson goes on the attack while getting help from some Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporters who distort public perceptions in the name of balanced coverage. In the real scandal fest that is the MAGA wing of the GOP, it is revealed that Tim Michaels’ Foundation Gave to Anti-Abortion and Anti-LGBTQIA+ groups. We also review the latest attacks on our democracy, including the shameful end of Vos and Gableman’s sham election review and his crusde to imprison elected officials and mayors who push for access to voting. The Democrats seem to be surging in the polls. What does it mean for the prospects of building a true governing majority in the second half of President Biden’s first term?
Listen to the show.
RSVP to volunteer with Citizen Action to help elect Mandela Barnes and other endorsed candidates.
Join Citizen Action Organizing Cooperative.
- Support for Labor unions at 57 year high.
- Minor league baseball players organizing and Brewer Brent Suter is an organizer.
- California Senate passes bill that could raise wages for fast food workers to as high as $22 per hour.
- Assembly Speaker Robin Vos withdraws subpoenas Michael Gableman had issued to local officials over the 2020 election.
- Waukesha Judge dismisses lawsuit.
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against 15 lawyers in WI for Frivolous Election Big Lie Lawsuits. What does is say about the decay of democratic norms?
- With Big Lie motivated public complaints skyrocketing, WI Election Commission votes to request funding for a new Office of Inspector General for the agency
- Federal Judge intervenes to block WI Supreme Court rulings that people with disabilities cannot get assistance returning their ballots. Will the ruling stick, and why is it even necessary?
- Sliming of Mandela Barnes begins. Behind in the polls, Ron Johnson goes on the attack while getting help from an MJS journalist, who states as a fact not in quotes: While Barnes has received endorsements from five groups that have called for defunding police he does not favor such a policy.
- Tim Michaels’ Foundation Gave to Anti-Abortion and Anti-LGBTQIA+ groups
- Ron Johnson gives scarey defense of his record laced with deficit-lies, immigrant bashing, CRT hysteria, and anti LBTQIA+ biogotry.