“How to win the 2022 Election” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss Trump-backed millionaire Tim Michels’ self-dealing flat tax scheme that would further undermine the revenue needed for education, health are, and a climate transition, and force working and middle class folks to pay more while the super rich get yet another tax giveaway. Ron Johnson continues to deny Jan. 6th was an armed insurrection, as Wisconsin Democrats work to make the November Election a referendum on the right to an abortion. Robert tells us the deep history and structural causes of for-profit utility foot dragging on climate change, and a new Sierra Club Report gives Wisconsin utilities D and F grades on clean energy. We close with an interview of Citizen Action North Central Organizing Coop member Don Dunphy, who has been working for two and a half years for our “deep canvass” program following his retirement as the Lincoln County District Attorney. Don tells us why talking to important voters this year is “the most important job of his life” and why it is important our listeners should donate to expand the canvass and volunteer with Citizen Action talking to voters who will decide the election.
Listen to the show.
DONATE to expand “deep canvass”
VOLUNTEER with Citizen Action talking to voters.
- GOP governor candidate Tim Michels says he is open to a flat income tax for Wisconsin.
- Ron Johnson calls for ‘snap audits’ to restore confidence that voting results are accurate. Continues to deny Jan. 6th was armed insurrection.
- Wisconsin Democrats brand election as referendum on abortion access.
- How abortion and the overturning of Roe v. Wade is shaping Wisconsin’s race for governor.
- Barnes going on offense against Johnson with focus on reproductive freedom.
- EXCLUSIVE: From Restoring Reproductive Freedom to Saving Social Security, Democrat Mandela Barnes on How He’d Improve Your Life.
- Report says many utilities are slow-walking clean energy goals.