“Gerrymandered Governance” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss growing tensions within the illegitimate Republican Legislature between the old Scott Walker and Trumpist factions. Speaker Vos finally testifies on Trump’s efforts to overturn the Wisconsin 2020 election, becoming the last witness to be interviewed by the historic January 6th Committee. Meanwhile the Wisconsin Election Commission deadlocks and blocks (for now) MAGA Republican Representative Janel Brandtjen’s scheme to acquire personal data of every Wisconsin voter. We talk about the entry of conservative celebrity judge Jennifer Dorow into the 2023 WI Supreme Court election – who surprisingly agrees with Mandela Barnes that Wisconsin’s cash bail system is broken and not keeping us safe. Senator Baldwin successfully passes historic marriage equality legislation, achieving a huge progressive bipartisan win. We close by discussing the proposed Albertsons-Kroger grocery mega merger and the Biden Administration’s intervention into a rail workers strike.
Listen to the new show!
DONATE to Citizen Action’s 2023 Supreme Court Action Fund. Every dollar raised goes directly to support our field deep canvass program talking directly to important spring voters who will determine the election.
RSVP for Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate forum, Wednesday, January 11th, 7pm.
SIGN UP to volunteer for our 2023 Spring Election voter contact program.
- House Jan. 6 committee meeting with Assembly Speaker Robin Vos about call with former President Donald Trump.
- Vos gives Jan. 6 committee testimony, reversing course after having sued to block subpoena.
- WEC considers massive legislative data request, observer rules.
- Jennifer Dorow, the Waukesha Christmas parade trial judge, to announce run for Wisconsin Supreme Court on Wednesday.
- Bice: Supreme Court candidate Jennifer Dorow has been critical of the cash bail system.
- Senate passes Tammy Baldwin-led same-sex marriage legislation, clearing way for bill to become law.
- How Tammy Baldwin led the Respect for Marriage Act to passage.
- Same-sex marriage protected under bill passed by U.S. Senate with GOP support.
- Albertsons-Kroger mega-deal raises questions from lawmakers about higher food prices.