“51 is better than 50” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the political implications of Sen. Raphael Warnock’s win in Georgia. What are the new opportunities that a larger Senate majority present? We talk about President Biden’s push to move the first Democratic Presidential primary to South Carolina in 2024. Does it create a more equitable process? What does it say about whether Biden will run for a second term? SCOTUS takes up the Independent Legislature theory and it’s unclear where a majority of the court will land on this controversial case that would put another dagger into democracy. In Wisconsin, the special election for Senate District 8 now has 4 Republicans and 1 Democrat in the race. Is the seat vacated by Alberta Darling in play? We discuss the news this week that Milwaukee and Dane County are being subpoenaed in the DOJ’s false electors investigation against Trump. Robert has some reflections on President Biden’s support for organized labor and we congratulate Citizen Action president Mark Thomsen for winning the Wisconsin Trial Lawyer of the Year award. If you need healthcare coverage by January 1, 2023, don’t forget to sign up on Healthcare.gov by December 15th.
Listen to the show.
Attend Citizen Action’s Virtual Annual Meeting, Saturday, December 10, 10am – Noon.
- The Added Benefits of Warnock’s Win.
- ‘Worth the wait’: U.S. Senate Democrats celebrate a 51-seat majority with Georgia win.
- Future of U.S. election law at stake as Supreme Court hears North Carolina case.
- Why Joe Biden Shouldn’t Run for Re-Election. Today on TAP: Ever look at the actuarial tables for 80-year-old men?
- First Democrat enters Senate special election.
- DOJ subpoenas Dane, Milwaukee county clerks for Trump election documents.