“Fed Up” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We start by reflecting on some rare good news from Washington, the historic signing this week by President Biden of the Baldwin-Collins marriage equality bill, the Respect for Marriage Act. We then turn to the storm clouds looming over the next two years, the Party of Trump’s dysfunction on a spending bill needed to keep the Federal Government open. Is this a harbinger of things once the GOP takes control of the House of Representatives? Next, we welcome Dr. Micheal Rosen to discuss the Federal Reserve Board’s decision to raise interest rates, likely imperiling economic gains made by workers the last few years. Is there a better way to reduce inflation? Michael also predicts the winner of Sunday’s World Cup Final, debriefs the tournament, and says goodbye to a “greatest generation” of players likely appearing in their last World Cup.
Listen to the show!
- President Biden Signs the Respect for Marriage Act.
- Biden signs marriage equality act to tune of Cyndi Lauper’s ‘True Colors’.
- Baldwin-Collins Marriage Equality Bill Signed into Law.
- U.S. House and Senate GOP at odds over massive government spending deal.
- House Republicans’ Agenda Focuses on Social Security Cuts and Sham Investigations—Not Working Families.
- The Republican Party’s Plan to Fight Inflation Is a Sham. Republicans don’t have a strategy to lower costs for consumers, but they are plotting to slash the safety net.
- Why the Federal Reserve Should Cool its Jets on Interest Rates.
- Inflation myths only benefit the rich.