“Democracy Wins” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We debrief the smashing victory for democracy in the pivotal Wisconsin Supreme Court race, the most important election in the U.S. of 2023. The resulting shift in the Supreme Court presents progressives in Wisconsin with significant organizing opportunities, including recruiting, training, and electing a new generation of reform leaders. Robert updates us on Congressman Bryan Steil’s attempted intervention into the prosecution of Donald Trump by the New York City District Attorney. Has Steil joined the MAGA wing of the GOP? Robert tells us about a new study finding 40% of Milwaukeans work in low paying jobs that fail to meet their basic needs. And finally, what does the back and forth over Senator-elect Dan Knodl’s statement of openness during the campaign to impeach Janet Protasiewicz say about the norms of the new GOP super-majority in the State Senate. Is any state official safe from retribution at the hands of the anti-Democratic super-majority?
Listen to the show
Donate to Citizen Action’s 2024 Battleground Fund to support our recruitment and training progressive candidates to run for local and state office and stick with them to help them win 2024 elections.
- Education spending, shared revenue recurring issues in budget listening session.
- Steil, GOP leaders demand Manhattan DA testimony amid Trump indictment.
- Report finds more than 40% of Milwaukeeans are working ‘bad jobs’.
- Republicans can’t simply remove a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice.
- Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire.