“Organizing BLOC by BLOC” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss our state budget veto campaign that went on a statewide media tour this week in La Crosse, Eau Claire, Wausau, and Green Bay to support Gov. Evers using his strongest in the nation veto pen to drag the Speaker Vos and GOP leadership to the negotiating table. Our panel reviews the latest on the “debt ceiling” debate in Washington, D.C. where House MAGA Republicans attempt to hold the country hostage, threatening default which would result in catastrophic cuts to critical programs and services. This Thursday, Title 42 is lifted. We discuss the challenges and what’s next for refugees coming to America. We are disgusted by the verdict in the Wauwatosa “protestor list” trial, where a federal jury cleared the WPD of all charges. We salute activists who immediately protested the flawed decision and call for legislation addressing the situation. FDA advisers voted unanimously this week in support of over-the-counter birth-control pills. We close by welcoming Kyle Johnson & Keisha Robinson from Black Leaders Organizing for Communities (BLOC) to discuss their community organizing and the new podcast they are about to launch.
Listen to the show.
- During La Crosse rally, Citizen Action group continued years-long campaign to get Medicaid money for Wisconsin.
- Citizen Action calls for BadgerCare expansion.
- Advocacy group urges for BadgerCare expansion as part of state budget.
- Organization speaks out on state lawmakers’ decision to not expand BadgerCare coverage.
- Biden starts to throw some punches in the debt ceiling fight.
- Wauwatosa protester list testimony wraps up.
- Protesters march in Wauwatosa after federal jury exonerates police.
- FDA advisers vote unanimously in support of over-the-counter birth-control pill.