“Minority Rule in MAGA America” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Robert tells us about an exciting new broad coalition calling for Gov. Evers to use his strong veto power to block GOP attacks on BadgerCare and Unemployment Insurance. Will this extend to using his Budget Veto as leverage to achieve finally achieve BadgerCare Expansion?
We celebrate the start of Pride Month in June and reflect on why the month and celebrations like Milwaukee PrideFest are so important at this moment right-wing billionaires and MAGA politicians are fueling a new wave of anti LGBTQIA+ hate. We discuss an outstanding article in In These Times that reminds us “you can’t organize alone.” We encourage you to get active in democracy and join a Citizen Action Organizing Co-op in June!
Listen to the show!
- U.S. House approves debt limit package, sending it to Senate days before default deadline.
- Wisconsin Examiner: For some SNAP recipients included in debt limit deal.
- In These Times: You can’t organize alone.
- Should utility bills be based on ability to pay? It’s under consideration in Wisconsin.
- Broad coalition now calling for Gov. Evers to veto parts of the state budget.
- New bills criminalizing abortion rights.