“Radical Solidarity” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We are joined by State Representative Kristina Shelton to discuss the state budget battle in Madison and why she voted in “radical solidarity” against the structurally racist Shared Revenue-Education deal. In more positive news, we look beyond the state budget and discuss Rep. Shelton’s vitally important BadgerCare Public Option bill that will be reintroduced in the Legislature later this year and should be the centerpiece of the Democratic Party’s 2024 election agenda. In a major breakthrough for climate change and racial economic equity, the Milwaukee Climate and Economic Equity Plan passed the City Council this week and will be signed by the mayor on Friday. We discuss the potential to spread the transformational planning to other Wisconsin cities. We close with a discussion of the growing rift within the Wisconsin Supreme Court’s conservative wing and the opportunity it presents the new Court for a more democratic and transparent Supreme Court.
Listen to the show!
- Evers signs shared revenue and school choice voucher funding legislation.
- Tony Evers Just Signed Off on the Largest Voucher School Expansion in 30 Years.
- Most states offer a year of Medicaid coverage to postpartum women. Wisconsin Republicans rejected a move to include it in the budget.
- Wisconsin Republicans prepare tax cut plan, as part of state budget discussions.
- A rift within the Wisconsin Court’s conservative wing boils over in handling of gender identity case.
- Milwaukee’s Climate Plan Could Be Game Changer.
- Today is about action: Milwaukee Common Council adopts climate and equity plan.
- How cities can better confront climate change.