Job Description: Citizen Action of Wisconsin 2020 Regional Field Organizer
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is seeking to hire 2020 Regional Field Organizers (RFO) beginning as soon as
January 27th of 2020. This position is full-time salaried (40-50 hours per week on avg), and temporary. The
position is guaranteed through April 7th, 2020 with the possibility of extension through November 2020,
pending funding. The Regional Field Organizer will report directly to the Statewide Field Director. This position
will include frequent in-state travel, and some overnight stays, thus applicants must have unlimited access to a
reliable vehicle and be able to provide a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance upon hire.
We are currently looking to hire Regional Field Organizers in the following regions. Preference will be given to
applicants who currently live in or near these areas, however applicants who are willing to temporarily relocate
will also be considered:
● La Crosse/ Coulee Region
● Northcentral Wisconsin (Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, etc..)
● Fox Cities
● Eau Claire/Chippewa Valley Region
● Southeastern Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha area)
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is an issue and electoral focused non-profit organization committed to achieving
social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice. We are dedicated to achieving a Wisconsin and an
America where every human being has an equal opportunity to live a meaningful and fulfilling life. Citizen
Action of Wisconsin brings together thousands of activists and allied groups across Wisconsin to deepen
democratic participation and create an issue environment that advances a progressive public policy agenda.
More information on current Citizen Action of Wisconsin programs can be found at citizenactionwi.org .
The Regional Field Organizer will hit the ground running in January to implement an issue and electoral deep
canvass program in one of five regions of the state. This deep canvass program will incorporate voter
registration, issue identification, race class narrative messaging, and other cutting edge components into an
electoral turnout program. The RFO will work with the Statewide Field Director to conduct recruitment, hiring,
training, ongoing development, and day to day supervision of canvassers. Additionally, the RFO will work with
regional Co-op Organizers and staff to implement a lead generating and follow-up program with contacts made
in the field, as well as mobilizing existing members and volunteers.
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer, and individuals from communities of color,
veterans, individuals with disabilities, individuals from the LGBTQ3 community, formerly incarcerated
individuals, and women are all strongly encouraged to apply.
● Work with Statewide Field Director to implement, experiment with, track, evaluate, and tweak a deep
canvass program that advance strategic goals to ensure successful completion.
● Assist Statewide Field Director with recruitment, hiring, and ongoing day to day supervision and
professional development of 1-5 canvassers.
● Spend 20-30 hours a week on average knocking doors in the field and 5-10 hours a week on average
making phone calls for volunteer mobilization, utilizing the Voter Activation Network (VAN/Mini-VAN)
and other technological tools to implement and track field activities and generate project reports as well
as embrace and effectively utilize new communications technology, working within Citizen Action’s
cutting-edge social networking and web technology programs to augment on-the ground organizing
● Work with regional Co-op Organizers and Program Staff to identify and develop activists and volunteers
to participate in the deep canvass program and other activities, and provide training for those
volunteers and activists to participate in the deep canvass program and other activities specific to
Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
● Work with Statewide Field Director to conduct daily, weekly, monthly, interim, and post project
reporting for internal use and for funders via daily check ins and weekly team meetings..
● Work with organizational management to create and maintain office, team, and organizational culture
that is equitable and inclusive for all people.
● Embrace a culture of philanthropy where fundraising is seen as necessary and valued as a key tool of
action and change dictated by the people most impacted by the lack of action and change, and not just
those who already have power and money. Provide input into grant applications, participate in funder
meetings, and assist with small dollar fundraising efforts as needed and requested.
● Philosophical commitment to progressive values, gender and racial equity and inclusivity, social and
economic justice, and health care freedom for everyone in America, and experience with or
commitment to working in communities of color and/or other communities that are currently oppressed
and underrepresented in our industry and our democracy.
● 1 years collective experience in implementing field campaigns.
● Strong accountable self care ethic that leads to personal time management and task prioritization,
organization skills, and the ability to be effective in peak stress work times.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce effective external and
inter-office communications, conduct social media outreach, and provide reporting on program.
● Beginner to intermediate technology and tools skills or aptitude for learning tech and tools including
e-mail, composing documents, working with data-bases, and digital networking (Familiarity with VAN,
Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and managing Facebook pages and/or Twitter accounts)
● Bilingual a plus
● Ability or aptitude to learn how to understand complex public policy issues and translate them into
compelling organizing issues that motivate people to act
● Some management experience
● Experience with productive and collaborative conflict resolution processes and the ability to resolve
conflict while maintaining effective and productive working relationships as well as excellent listening,
interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
● Experience with short and long term strategic issue, campaign, and/or organizational planning.
● Some experience with small dollar fundraising
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time position which includes cell phone allowance, paid sick and vacation
days, and other benefits. Weekend and evening hours required. Base salary rate is $36,500.00 annually, and
is negotiable upon offer of employment based on experience and qualifications.
To apply : Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] . Please, no in person
or phone inquiries.