We debrief our disappointment with the state budget and the Democrats embrace of regressive and permanent state tax cuts. We look at the role we all play in creating the progressive political future we want to see in Wisconsin. Citizen Action’s Movement Politics Director, JoAnna Bautch, joins us to discuss the new Movement Politics Academy she is launching this October for people who are considering running for office to pursue structural change in their community and our state. We review major federal news that Senate Democrats have agreed to a $3.5 trillion budget package that includes significant climate, child poverty, healthcare, and education investments. Claire also provides the details of Sen. Tammy Baldwin’s new legislation to expand Medicaid in the 12 states currently refusing to accept federal money.
Learn more about Citizen Action’s NEW Movement Politics Academy.
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is working to build a new kind of politics. A politics that is deeply rooted in changing structures of inequity and community engagement. That is why we are creating a robust leadership development program that recruits, runs, and elects movement leaders at all levels of government across our state.
Attend a Citizen Action Mappy Hour event near you!
Join us to create and submit a community map to the People’s Map Commission, and get trained to help us make “Deep Canvass” phone calls asking voters to advocate a Fair Drawing Process!
Milwaukee: Monday, July 19th; 5-8 pm
Citizen Action of Wisconsin Office, 221 S 2nd S, Suite 300, MKE.
Wausau: Thursday, July 22nd; 5-8pm
First Universalist Unitarian Church 504 Grant St, Wausau.
Viroqua: Thursday, July 29th; 3-7 pm
Rooted Spoon 219 S Main St, Viroqua.
- With reelection on horizon, Gov. Tony Evers campaigns on Republican tax cut.
- Who’s got Evers fever? The governor is campaigning on a tax cut neither he nor most Wisconsinites wanted — that’s nothing to get hot and bothered about.
- Republicans Won’t Expand BadgerCare. Baldwin Wants to Do It for Them.
- Baldwin, Georgia senators propose federal alternative for states that refuse Medicaid expansion.
- Democrats’ Budget Deal Would Invest In The Child Tax Credit, Health Care And Climate.
- Senate budget deal to provide new funding for Medicare, Medicaid, ObamaCare.
- Kids Forward release on state budget.