This week the U.S. House passed a landmark voting rights bill, which will could set up the first major filibuster fight in the U.S. Senate. Are progressive Democrats ready for this fight and similar battles on the $15 minimum wage, immigration reform, climate transformation, a major jobs and infrastructure bill, and other key pieces of Biden’s agenda? Will centrist Democratic Senators yield to majority rule by ending the filibuster, or will they block the progressive reform Democrats promised voters? QAnon Ron Johnson appears ready to lead the Senate Republican charge to block COVID relief for Americans, and the FBI shoots down his embarrassing theories about the Capital insurrection. We also preview the upcoming congressional fight for serious labor law reform which starts next week in the House. We close by welcoming State Representative Kristina Shelton and State Representative Francesca Hong’s chief of staff, Nada Elmikashfi, to discuss the new Economic Justice Bill of Rights for All Wisconsinites that was introduced this week.
Listen Now – Episode #482
- Watch the introduction of Economic Justice Bill of Rights for All Wisconsinites.
- Democrats’ Only Chance to Stop the GOP Assault on Voting Rights.
- The House Passes a Major Voting Rights Bill—and Creates a Helluva Battle in the Senate.
- House Dems Pass Sweeping Campaign Finance and Voting Reform Bill.
- House Passes Landmark Voting Rights Bill, Setting Up First Major Filibuster Fight.
- Biden and Senate Dems Dial Back Eligibility for Stimulus Checks.
- Ron Johnson pledges to slow down passage of stimulus bill with out-loud reading of 700-page document.