We reflect on the 20th anniversary of 9/11 and the destructive 20 year “war on terror” that ensued. Our panel discusses the cost of the war and the American “police state” that followed. We update the effort in Congres to pass the historic $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation package. We close with Wisconsin’s concerning COVID surge that finds over 1000 people in state hospitals for the first time since January as students head back to school.
- Divisions spill into full view as negotiations over Democrats’ $3.5 trillion plan heat up.
- With bulk of their agenda on the line, Democrats gird for battle over $3.5 trillion budget package.
- Wisconsin tops 1,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations, highest since January.
- Track COVID and the vaccine in Wisconsin: See the latest data on cases, deaths and administered doses.
- UW System President Tommy Thompson encourages UWO students to get vaccinated.
- Nass Asks GOP Leaders to Sue UW System Over COVID Policies.
- ‘Not sure I can do this again’: Hospitals’ nursing shortage worsened by pandemic.
- Nearly all Afghan refugees at Fort McCoy are accepting COVID-19 vaccinations, congressional delegation says after tour.