We discuss the bold two year state budget released this week by Governor Evers which includes major healthcare proposals like a BadgerCare Public Option, Climate reforms, and other major progressive policies. Does the Governor’s move towards the progressive wing of the Democratic Party show the power of public mobilization and organizing? We review Sen. QAnon Ron Johnson’s shameful week denying the armed insurrection on January 6. Is our wayward Senator hell bent on making himself a national laughing stock? Switching to the Biden Administration, we discuss a very important opportunity for progressives to pass an increase in the minimum wage to $15 in the next COVID relief bill. Finally, a new study released Thursday found the U.S. lost a whole year of life expectancy in 2020.
- Evers goes big and bold with his Wisconsin budget.
- Tony Evers proposes rollback of Act 10 in budget that boosts school spending by $1.6 billion and raises $1 billion in taxes.
- Evers calls for expanding early voting, seeks to let clerks count absentee ballots before election day.
- State Superintendent candidate deletes Twitter account after tweets about N-word.
- ‘There Is No Next Time’: Inside the Left’s Minimum-Wage Fight.
- Ron Johnson on Jan. 6 Capitol attack: ‘This didn’t seem like an armed insurrection to me’.
- The U.S. lost a whole year of life expectancy — and for Black people, it’s nearly 3 times worse.
- Wisconsin GOP Senator Downplays Attack On U.S. Capitol.