We discuss this week’s apparent breakthrough in the U.S. Senate on a $1 trillion bi-partisan infrastructure bill. What’s in it, and is it really on track? We then evaluate the progressives’ two track strategy on infrastructure, and the threat from moderate Senator Kyrsten Sinema to derail the entire Biden Build Back Better agenda. In the state Legislature the Wisconsin Manufactures and Commerce reveals their hand behind this week’s failed GOP effort to cut UI for workers with a veto override vote. Q Anon caucus member and Election Committee chair Rep. Janel Brandtjen embraces conspiracy theories and the “Big Lie” as she launches an Arizona-style fishing expedition of the 2020 election in Wisconsin. We review the CDC’s new recommendation for indoor masking where infection rates remain high and Sen. Johnson’s incorrect statement calling it a mandate and saying the CDC should stop making recommendations to end the spread of COVID. Finally, we celebrate Medicare and Medicaid’s 56th birthdays on Friday and Sen. Baldwin calls for rejecting Purdue Pharma’s bankruptcy plan.
- Infrastructure deal: Senate suddenly acts to take up bill.
- AOC on Sinema blocking $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill: ‘Good luck tanking your own party’s investment’.
- GOP donor group announces the agenda for surprise legislative session.
- Assembly veto override: So many speeches amounting to nothing; Override fails, education funding boost gaveled out without action.
- Republicans fail to override Evers’ veto of bill that would end extra unemployment benefits.
- WI Election Commission Statement on Recent Election Misinformation.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission refutes Rep. Brandtjen.
- Wisconsin Republican leader Robin Vos is caught in the middle over the election probe as he faces criticism from the left and right.
- CDC says the vaccinated should wear masks indoors in areas with high infection rates.
- Sen. Johnson rips new CDC mask guidance.
- Baldwin calls for rejecting Purdue Pharma’s bankruptcy plan.
- Anderson John Doe decision sends shockwaves through Milwaukee, Wauwatosa
Opening the door to charging former Tosa officer carries implications for other police shootings.
- Judge Finds Probable Cause To Charge Wisconsin Officer Joseph Mensah In Death Of Jay Anderson Jr.