We discuss Legislative Republican’s scheming with their corporate patrons such as Wisconsin Manufactures and Commerce (WMC) to gin up a fake “worker shortage” to punish the unemployed. Does Robin Vos really believe Wisconsinites are lazy and irresponsible or is he just trying to exploit the working class? In a clear effort to mobilize a 2022 off-year election base of anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists, Legislative Republicans are supporting bills to make anti-vaxxers a protected category and pumping life into the “Big Lie” with bogus “Arizona style” voter fraud investigations into the 2020 election. Meanwhile new data from the Wisconsin Election Commission demonstrates minuscule voter fraud in Wisconsin elections, most of it generated by Jim-Crow still disenfranchisement of released prisoners. We close with a discussion on the centrality of the Senate filibuster in the success of the Biden agenda, addressing the nation’s major challenges and needs, and the survival of democracy itself.
- Top Wisconsin Republican Robin Vos says state should do more to address no-show unemployment applicants.
- Wisconsin lawmakers advance bill barring COVID-19 vaccine requirements for business owners, universities, government.
- Vos Looks to Crack Down on Those Who Skip Job Interviews.
- False allegations of stolen election continue as Elections Commission cites minimal reports of fraud.
- Top Wisconsin Republican Robin Vos hires former cops to investigate November election.
- Robin Vos plays with slimy GOP chew toy; Drop it! The election was fair and Trump lost.
- Very few suspected cases of illegal voting in 2020 Wisconsin elections: Report.
- Elections Commission Report: 13 Instances Of Possible Voter Fraud Referred To Prosecutors From November Election.
- Republican lawmakers decline to put an additional $15 million toward unemployment system.
- As the pandemic eases, worker shortages grow; Some businesses, lawmakers want to cut back on jobless pay. But is that really where the problem is?