Sen. Ron Johnson gushed bizarre conspiracy theories during a closely followed Senate hearing on the Capital insurrection, bringing national shame to himself and the Badger State he purports to represent. Is our senior senator off his rocker, or is he making a cynical ploy for the voters of wannabe authoritarian Donald Trump? State Representative Supreme Moore-Omokunde joins us to discuss a new dump of voter suppression bills by legislative Republicans. Has the GOP given up on democracy and majority rule? Claire details the on-going racial inequity in the distribution of COVID vaccines nationally and in Wisconsin. Do politicians have the courage to insist on a just vaccine distribution or is it more business as usual? A new unemployment bill with a poison pill moves in the Legislature and the fight for a $15/hour minimum wage takes center stage in Congressional COVID relief.
Contact U.S. Rep. Ron Kind to support $15/hour minimum wage in the COVID relief bill.
- At Senate hearing on Capitol riot, Ron Johnson suggests Trump crowd was incited by a small group of agitators and by police firing tear gas.
- Republican lawmakers seek to overhaul voting in Wisconsin, including new rules for absentee ballots.
- Republicans circulating bills with new absentee voting restrictions.
- Wisconsin Republicans add more bills to restrict absentee voting practices.
- Wisconsin Republicans use the Big Lie as an excuse to make voting harder.
- ‘Reforming’ Wisconsin elections: from jail time to more voting time.
- Only 6% of Black Americans Have Been Vaccinated. Here’s How Biden Is Trying to Change That.
- Unemployment Office Finally Gets Approved to Plan for an Upgrade, but There’s No Guarantee the Legislature Will Fund It.
- House to vote on $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill this week as Senate considers minimum wage hike.