Job Description: Citizen Action of Wisconsin 2020 Regional Phonebanker
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is seeking to hire 2020 Regional Phonebankers beginning as soon as February 14th of 2020. This position is temporary, part time to full time (20-40 hours a week), hourly, with very flexible hours. The position is guaranteed throughNovember 3rd, 2020. Phonebankers will report directly to the Statewide Field Director and Regional Lead Field Organizers.
We are currently looking to hire Canvassers/Phonebankers in the following regions. Preference will be given to applicants who currently live in or near these areas:
- La Crosse/ Coulee Region
- Northcentral Wisconsin (Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, etc..)
- Fox Cities
- Eau Claire/Chippewa Valley Region
- Southeastern Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha area)
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is an issue and electoral focused non-profit organization committed to achieving social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice. We are dedicated to achieving a Wisconsin and an America where every human being has an equal opportunity to live a meaningful and fulfilling life. Citizen Action of Wisconsin brings together thousands of activists and allied groups across Wisconsin to deepen democratic participation and create an issue environment that advances a progressive public policy agenda. More information on current Citizen Action of Wisconsin programs can be found at citizenactionwi.org.
Phonebankers will work to implement an issue and electoral deep canvass phone program that will incorporate voter registration/vote by mail assistance, issue education and identification, race class narrative messaging, and other cutting edge components into an electoral turnout program.
Citizen Action of Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer, and individuals from communities of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, individuals from the LGBTQ3 community, formerly incarcerated individuals, and women are all strongly encouraged to apply.
- Spend the majority of the hours you work any given week on average making calls field/making utilizing the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and other technological tools to implement and track phonebanking efforts. .
- Work with Regional Lead Field Organizers to conduct daily, weekly, monthly, interim, and post project reporting.
- Work with organizational management to create and maintain office, team, and organizational culture that is equitable and inclusive for all people.
- Philosophical commitment to progressive values, gender and racial equity and inclusivity, social and economic justice, and health care freedom for everyone in America, and experience with or commitment to working in communities of color and/or other communities that are currently oppressed and underrepresented in our democracy.
- Some previous canvassing/phonebanking experience, or a strong desire to learn effective models of door-to-door canvassing and phonebanking.
- Strong accountable self care ethic that leads to personal time management and task prioritization, organization skills, and the ability to be effective in peak stress work times.
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability, aptitude, or desire to learn how to understand complex public policy issues and translate them into compelling organizing issues that motivate people to act.
- Experience with productive and collaborative conflict resolution processes and the ability to resolve conflict while maintaining effective and productive working relationships as well as excellent listening, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
Salary and Benefits: This is a part time to full time hourly position, paying a base rate of $15.00 per hour, and includes cell phone allowance, and paid sick, personal, and vacation days. Weekend and evening hours are required.
To apply: Please send either a resume, OR an email listing relevant experience or explaining why you are interested in learning how to do this work to email@example.com. Please, no in person or phone inquiries.