The partial government shutdown, initiated by Trump (beholden to hard-right bomb throwers Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh), is the longest in U.S. history. It would not have happened if departing weak-kneed House Speaker Paul Ryan had not enabled Trump. Now, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has become Trump’s go-to politician, despite his previous opposition to a shutdown. 800,000 federal workers, including over 3,000 Wisconsinites, have been furloughed (no pay) or worse, forced to work without pay. And, taxpayers are no longer receiving essential services.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin Supports Milwaukee Mask Ordinance
- Bill Kaplan: 446,000 Wisconsinites lost health insurance
- “Judges, Billionaires, and Pandemic Chaos” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
- Citizen Action Weekly: Friday, July 3rd
- Report: 8 Billionaires in Wisconsin See Net Worth Jump $14.2 Billion or 36.1% in First Three Months of COVID-19 Pandemic