“Piercing the ballooning cold war with China ” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We debrief President Biden’s State of the Union speech. Does Biden progressive economic agenda represent a break with recent Democratic Presidents? We preview Governor Tony Evers’ plan to increase state shared revenue in his state budget he will release next week. We encourage him to follow Biden’s lead, and include forcing the ultra rich to pay their fair share. We welcome Citizen Action Northcentral Co-op organizer Joel Lewis to discuss the door canvass in Wausau this Sunday from 10am – 2pm at the Labor Temple. We also discuss the City of Wausau Climate Action planning process. We close the show by welcoming back Tobita Chow from Justice is Global to talk about the balloon kerfuffle and how too many American politicians are fixin’ for a dangerous Cold War with China that will unleash more anti-Asian hate.
Listen to the show!
Donate to Citizen Action Supreme Court Action Fund supporting our deep canvass talking directly to voters.
- Biden in State of the Union address draws boos and shouts from a combative GOP.
- ‘A Blue-Collar Blueprint to Rebuild America’: 7 Takeaways From Biden’s State of the Union.
- Biden Forges a New Democratic Paradigm. The president repudiates the neoliberal ideologies of the past and puts the party on solid economic and political ground.
- Joe Biden’s Madison area visit focuses on economy.
- Evers proposes plan to increase local government aid by over $500 million.
- Gov. Tony Evers proposes hundreds of millions in funds to shore up local governments. Here’s how his plan includes a Republican idea.