Medicare under attack: Special Interview with U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We have a special interview with U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan to discuss his fight against the Big Health Insurance take over Medicare. These profit hungry corporate behemoths are running multi-million dollar campaign falsely promoting Medicare Advantage programs as Medicare, duping seniors into inferior coverage and bilking the federal government. In reality, these programs are rife with abuse, and threaten the long term existence of Medicare. We review the historic bailout of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and the role of incomplete financial reform following the Great Recession, dangerous bank deregulation in the Trump years supported by Republicans and conservative Democrats. Should wealthy Tech Industry players who claim to be Libertarians get a bailout from the government? We review Tuesday’s bankruptcy of Diamond Sports/Bally Sports Network and its potential impact on the Milwaukee Brewers’ financial stability. We make the obvious connection to the sudden demand of the Brewer’s owner for a massive state tax giveaway. China hysteria continues in the U.S. with a move to force the sale of Tik Tok to a U.S. company. But is Tik Tok data really less secure than the other big tech monopolies? Also, we reveal conservative Wisconsin Congress members Glenn Grothman and Derrick Van Orden’s shameful and hypocritical effort to force people in need of food assistance to regularly report to the government that they are working in order to receive food. Congresswoman Gwen Moore fights back on behalf of needy families.
Listen to the show!
- Bank Crisis Reveals Numerous Federal Reserve Failures.
- Silicon Valley Congressman Fundraising With Whiny Venture Capitalist.
- Elizabeth Warren’s Moment (Again).
- The company behind Bally Sports Wisconsin has officially filed for bankruptcy. So what happens now?
- Glenn Grothman joins GOP effort to expand work requirements for federal food aid.
- Why did the US just ban TikTok from government-issued cellphones?
- Biden admin mulling TikTok ban if Chinese parent company doesn’t divest.
- The Biden administration demands that TikTok be sold, or risk a nationwide ban.