“Understanding History” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
After reflecting on the tragic and horrifying war in Gaza and Israel, we dig into the latest news on the GOP threat to impeach Supreme Court Justice Janet Protasiewicz before she rules on a single case. Will the opposition of two former GOP State Supreme Court Justices who were advising Assembly Speaker Robin Vos deter him from pursuing an illegal impeachment?
Next, we turn to the on-going drama over the massive public subsidy sought by the ultra-rich owner of the Milwaukee Brewers. State Senator Chris Larson joins us to tell us about pressure Gov. Evers’ office is applying to Legislative Democrats to support Robin Vos’ stadium plan.
We welcome State Representative Francesca Hong to hear about her experience at the Assembly “public hearing” on the GOP stadium plan last week in West Allis. We also have an in depth conversation about Representative Hong’s new legislation directing school boards to provide instruction on Hmong Americans and Asian Americans in our public schools. Representative Hong talks passionately about her personal experience growing up in a state where many people she encounters don’t know her history and culture, showing the critical importance of the bi-partisan legislation.
Listen to the show!
Call your state legislators 1-800-362-9472 and urge them to oppose new $556 million stadium giveaway.
Donate to Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
- 2nd former Wisconsin Supreme Court justice advises Republican leader against impeachment.
- Up North News: Vos backs down from impeaching Protasiewicz, while hinting the US Supreme Court could intervene.
- Vos says impeachment of Protasiewicz is still ‘on the table’
- American Family Field’s $546 million public funding plan is up for a vote next week.
- Rep. Hong on new legislation directing school boards to provide instruction on Hmong Americans and Asian Americans.