“Secretary of State Godlewski calls for Robert Spindell to go!” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Secretary of State Sarah Godlewski to discuss her call for Senate Majority Leader Devin LeMahieu to remove Wisconsin Election Commissioner and disgraced Trump fake elector Robert Spindell from his position of authority over our election process. She encourages our listeners to call LeMahieu and their state legislators and urge them to replace Spindell. The Secretary also tells us why she opposes Robin Vos’ scheme to replace the Wisconsin Election Commission with a process where the Secretary of State runs elections under the full control of the gerrymandered legislature.
We also review the latest culture war battle initiatives by the Wisconsin GOP, the drive by Speaker Vos to eliminate the UW System’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusions Programs. At first the UW Board of Regents held firm against Vos’s threats, but then caved. We discuss how this effort by Republicans and the Biden impeachment in the U.S. House reveals that our democracy remains in a grave state of peril heading into the pivotal 2024 elections.
We also remind listeners to attend our 3rd Congressional District Candidate Forum this Sunday, December 17th, at 6pm. RSVP here. We close with Citizen Action Northeast Co-op organizer Natalie Hoffman to tell us about a climate victory in Green Bay last week and a holiday social the Coop is hosting next Tuesday evening in Green Bay.
Listen to the show!
Attend 3rd Congressional District Candidate Forum this Sunday, December 17th, at 6pm.
- Wisconsin Secretary of State calls for removal of election commissioner who served as fake elector.
- GOP lawmakers propose abolishing Wisconsin Elections Commission, giving duties to secretary of state.
- UW Board of Regents votes 9-8 against GOP demands to cut diversity jobs in return for withheld pay raises
- UW System regents to discuss Evers’ lawsuit as GOP leaders refuse further negotiations.
- Revote this week. And they fold by Wednesday as
- UW System Regents reverse course to approve deal with GOP lawmakers on funding, DEI