“Sara Rodriguez: The best Rx for Lt. Governor” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We interview State Representative Sara Rodriguez, Citizen Action’s endorsed candidate for Lt. Governor in the fast approaching August 9th primary election. Sara tells us about her background in healthcare as a nurse and administrator and why she is the best running mate for Tony Evers. We also welcome new Citizen Action Movement Politics Director, Priscilla Bort, who shares her vision for electing a new generation of diverse movement leaders in Wisconsin. Our panel discusses Donald Trump’s call to Speaker Robin Vos pressuring him to overturn the 2020 presidential election in Wisconsin in light of the WI Supreme Court’s outrageous ban on ballot drop boxes. Is Trump still trying to win the 2020 election, or is this really about his rumored run in 2024? A new national MU Law poll finds voter support plummeting for the U.S. Supreme Court, but the Hobbs decision has not closed the enthusiasm gap between Republican and Democratic voters. How can Democrats excite our disengaged and demoralized base? In other election news, Bernie Sanders endorses Mandela Barnes while Tim Michels doubles down on hypocrisy with his new criticism of the Fox con deal which netted his firm hundreds of millions of public dollars that could have been used to provide opportunities for working class Wisconsinites.
LISTEN to the show!
Contact Priscilla Bort: [email protected]
- Top Wisconsin Republican Robin Vos: Trump still asking me to decertify 2020 election.
- Trump Tries Yet Again to Pressure Wisconsin’s Top Republican into Illegally Throwing Out 2020 Election Results.
- Wisconsin assembly speaker says Trump called him this month to decertify 2020 election.
- Gov. Evers administration files lawsuit against chemical companies over PFAS contamination.
- Governor candidate Tim Michels criticizes Foxconn deal after making millions on the project.
- Americans take an increasingly dim view of the US Supreme Court.
- Abortion decision has tanked approval of the Supreme Court, but so far there’s little evidence it’s transforming election, new poll finds.