“Brewing up a Democracy at the State Supreme Court” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
“Brewing up Democracy at State Supreme Court” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Robert is away from the show this week so we are joined by long time show producer, Brian Wooldridge, to get his perspective on producing over a decade of Battleground Wisconsin Podcasts. We discuss Citizen Action’s release of state survey data this week that found 59% of Wisconsinites experienced at least one health care affordability burden over the last year and 39% struggled to pay the resulting bills. This survey data makes clear the intense need to expand BadgerCare in the next State Budget. We welcome new Citizen Action Driftless Co-op organizer Kristie Tweed to introduce herself and invite listeners to the Driftless Co-op Meet and Greet on Feb. 9th at 5:30pm in La Crosse. We also speak with Pio from Delta Beer Lab in Madison to thank them for a major donation to our election work and to promote Delta Beer Lab’s monthly fundraising for groups, including the Wisconsin Conservation Voters in February.
Listen to the show!
Donate to Citizen Action Supreme Court Action Fund talking to directly to voters.
Volunteer with Citizen Action talking to voters.
Join us for Citizen Action Driftless Co-op Meet & Greet, Thursday, February 9th – 5:30-7pm
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 401 West Ave South, La Crosse. For more information: [email protected]
- New Wisconsin Research Shows Growing Unaffordable of Healthcare in Wisconsin.
- Survey finds cost leads a majority in state to delay or forgo medical care. Advocates cite poll to make the case for a state public option for health insurance under Affordable Care Act.
- Growing number of Wisconsinites say health care is not affordable.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Dan Kelly says he was burned by Justice Hagedorn, won’t endorse Jennifer Dorow if she wins primary.
- Nonpartisan in name only. Wisconsin Supreme Court race has political overtones.
- Conservative candidates for Wisconsin Supreme Court promote gun range, fighting liberal activistst.
- Dorow tells convicted drug dealers they ‘should be held responsible’ for overdose deaths.