“Public schools win in a landslide” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We review the huge victory for public education in the Department of Public Instruction race, and the immediate threat by Assembly Speaker Robin Vos to take it out on our schools. We discuss the shockingly successful GOP effort to take down progressive school board members who follow the science and our educators by only supporting the safe reopening of schools. Is this a new Republican wedge issue for moderate voters they will use in 2022 in state and federal races? Claire educates us on the Biden Administration’s decision to permanently end health-care denying work requirements to receive Medicaid. We talk about the COVID variants taking off with big spikes in 5 states (and counting), and the GOP use of the fraudulent vaccine passports issues to increase vaccine hesitancy, threatening to further delay heard immunity. Robert discusses Trump’s outrageous scamming of his own supporters, and its copycats in the Republican Party. We close by welcoming Hannah Faris from In These Times magazine to talk about the launch of a new rural focused reporting project called, “the Wisconsin Idea.” The project is a collaboration with People’s Action and Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
Register to attend Gov. Evers Listening Session on the Budget: Justice Reform & Marijuana Legalization, April 14th, 6pm
- Jill Underly to become next Wisconsin superintendent of schools.
- Citing Jill Underly’s support from Democrats and unions, top Republican Robin Vos vows to block increased DPI funding.
- Reynolds to become La Crosse’s next mayor; ‘This moment feels awesome’
- This Sheboygan mayor’s race saw nearly 2,000 more votes than the last one. Here’s how the county’s turnout compares to past elections.
- Two incumbents who favored virtual school lose their seats on the Oak Creek-Franklin Joint School District Board.
- Voters elect McKee, 3 new members to Wausau School Board; Zunker ousted.
- Biden administration confirms plan to end Wisconsin Medicaid work requirement.