“Historic Investments” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Our panel discusses President Biden’s American Family Plan which makes historic investments in paid leave, child care, and tax fairness, but misses an opportunity on prescription drug affordability. Senator Tammy Baldwin and other progressive U.S. Senators are urging President Biden to approve a COVID vaccine patent waiver so all counties can have access to COVID vaccines, while QAnon Ron Johnson spent the week disputing the effectiveness of masks in slowing the spread of COVID. We welcome Eric March from Wisconsin Cannabis Activists Network (WI CAN) to talk about marijuana reform organizing at the local level in Wisconsin. We close with organizer Karen Kirsch from the Citizen Action Healthcare for All Organizing Coop who joins us to discuss her new weekly facebook live talk show which focuses on healthcare policy, focusing on Medicare For All. The show debuts next Wednesday, May 5th, 7pm – 8pm.
Listen Now – Episode #490
- Biden to propose $1.8 trillion ‘families plan‘ with paid leave, child care, universal pre-K, free community college.
- Citizen Action Statement: Biden’s American Family Plan makes historic investments in paid leave, child care, and tax fairness, but misses an opportunity on prescription drug affordability.
- Labor leaders, allies urge support for pro-union PRO Act in Washington
Democratic lawmakers circulate resolution draft seeking Legislature’s endorsement.
- Ron Johnson disputes scientific consensus on the effectiveness of masks in preventing spread of COVID-19.
- Heading into Wednesday’s final budget hearing, testimony favors Gov. Evers’ budget 284 to 30
Republicans reject Democrats’ plea to listen to more Wisconsinites on budget.
- Cannabis advocates switch focus to local policy
‘For so long we’d been beating our head against the wall at the state level’.