“Evers calls BadgerCare Special Session” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Our panel discusses Gov. Tony Evers’ declaring a special legislative session on BadgerCare Expansion with Shawn Phetteplace of the Main Street Alliance of Wisconsin. We also deconstruct a Republican state legislative effort to remove $300/weekly federal Unemployment Insurance benefits and completely cut-off the self-employed and gig workers. Citizen Action’s Movement Politics Director JoAnna Bautch joins us to announce the launch of a new Citizen Action podcast called This, Is Not That, featuring JoAnna, Citizen Action Climate and Equity Director Rafael Smith, and rising journalistic star Isiah Holmes from the Wisconsin Examiner. We close with a discussion of the CDC’s mass mask confusion created by publicly declaring that fully-vaccinated Americans need not wear masks indoors or outdoors, without revising public policy guidance for businesses and employers. What is the CDC’s motive? Will at lead to a resurgence of COVID infections?
Listen Now – Episode #493
- Gov. Evers raises the stakes on GOP for refusing to expand BadgerCare;
His special session call lists projects the influx of dollars would fund.
- Republicans reject Evers’ plan to expand health care while putting $1 billion in new federal aid toward GOP priorities.
- Evers Revives Push To Expand Medicaid In Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Could Expand Healthcare and Get $1.6 Billion From the Feds. GOP Says ‘No.’
- CDC: You can ditch the mask in most places, indoors and out, if fully vaccinated.
- State Republicans introduce bill to eliminate $300 federal unemployment benefits in Wisconsin.
- Republican lawmakers introduce legislation ending enhanced unemployment programs in Wisconsin
- GOP lawmakers target jobless pay to boost employment.
- Nearly 50 public school districts in Wisconsin remove mask requirements, despite CDC guidance to keep them in place.