“Public Schools Unite Us: A Special Interview with Wisconsin Public Education Network’s Heather DuBois Bourenane” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Wisconsin Public Education Network’s Heather DuBois Bourenan to discuss public education in Wisconsin following a state budget that saw the largest expansion of private voucher schools as part of a “deal” that blindsided supporters of public education.
Former President Trump revealed this eek he is a target of the special counsel’s Jan. 6 investigation, as multiple Wisconsin election officials are interviewed by federal investigators. Meanwhile, MAGA Republican lawmakers introduce another sham bill to add watermarks to absentee ballots that drives right-wing conspiracies about stolen elections. We speculate whether the Michigan AG’s prosecution of fake electors in their state will get Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul off the fence and reconsider prosecuting the Wisconsin fake electors who tried to steal our votes in 2020. We also review the Wisconsin Policy Forum’s new report trumpeting over $1 Billion in tax cuts in the state budget, however we highlight its failure to point out the only large BIPOC majority city in Wisconsin gets a huge tax increase with a regressive sales tax increase.
Listen to the show!
- Trump says he has been told he is a target of the special counsel’s Jan. 6 investigation.
- Trump Likely to Face Criminal Charges Over Effort to Overturn 2020 Election.
- Multiple state election officals are interviewed by federal investigators.
- 12,000 Wisconsin borrowers eligible for $576 million in student debt relief under Biden plan.
- NLRB finds merit in union’s charge that TruStage broke labor law. John Nichols: Madisonians (& all Wisconsnites) should be troubled over treatment of CUNA workers.
- Republican lawmakers introduce bill to add watermarks to absentee ballots.
- Fake electors prosecuted in MI. and NPR
- Kaul stays mum on whether state is looking at Wisconsin fake electors.
- Over $1 Billion in tax cuts in state budget, Policy Forum finds. But does not point out that Milwaukee, the only large BIPOC majority city in WI, gets a huge tax increase with sales tax.
- Tony Evers Just Signed Off on the Largest Voucher School Expansion in 30 Years.
- Advocates meet at State Capitol to demand public education funding in upcoming budget.
- Wisconsin boosts state funding for public, private schools.