“A free & independent media in Wausau & Wisconsin” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We start with a major threat to the 1st Amendment in the Northwoods that has made national news. Shereen Siewert, the editor and publisher of the Wausau Pilot and Review, joins us to discuss how her newspaper is being bullied through a bogus lawsuit by state senator Cory Tomczyk. The paper broke a story on a public incident where the Senator shouted an anti-gay slur at a young person who was testifying in favor of equity and inclusion at a public hearing. The lawsuit, which is costing the small newspaper hundreds of thousands of dollars, is clearly an effort to suppress free and independent media.
President Biden visited Milwaukee on Tuesday on the one year anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act. We discuss what the historic legislation means for Wisconsin and the country, and what remains to be done. We update the hostage taking by Major League Baseball (MLB) and the billionaire Brewers owner. It was revealed this week that owner Mark Attanasio spent more than half a million the last 6 months, more than any other group lobbying the state legislature. We evaluate the latest threat by Boss Vos and Republican leaders to threaten the impeachment of Janet Protasiewicz if she doesn’t recuse from redistricting cases. Who is really abusing power? Finally, Robert asks if the huge Biden investment in rural broadband will be handled well by the Evers Administration, or will it be yet another unaccountable infusion of money into the telecom industry?
- Cory Tomczyk wages war on small media outlet.
- All white predominately male Portage County Board is good on diversity. Drops diversity committee.
- Billionaire Brewers owner spends big bucks to plead poverty.
- Brewers spend more than any other group lobbying the state legislature the last 6 months.
- Will Wisconsin again squander huge Federal investment in rural broadband?
- Vos and Co. talk impeachment of Protasiewicz, if she doesn’t recuse from redistricting cases.
- Vos is abusing his power.
- Biden visits MKE on 1 year anniversary of Inflation Reduction Act.
- What does the Iflation Reduction Act mean for WI and massive economic impact in U.S. already due to climate investments alone.