“Fighting in the public interest” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We open with a somber discussion of yet another mass shooting in America where 18 people died and over 13 were wounded, bringing America’s mass shooting total to a staggering 558 this year.
Robert updates us on this week’s state Senate hearing the $546 million public subsidy for the Brewers’ owner. Currently there are NOT the votes to pass the Assembly bill in the Senate, unless enough Democrats change their votes.
Switching to allies who are showing how to use their power, we celebrate the UAW’s tentative agreement with Ford and wish more Wisconsin Democrats would be as strategic and willing to fight for what is right, even when others tell them it is not possible.
We invite our listeners to join us for next Tuesday’s BadgerCare Public Option media event at the Greater Green Bay Labor Council, at Noon, with the lead sponsor State Representative Kristina Shelton. Priscilla educates us about volunteer phone calls we started making to voters this week in support of the bill and urging people to call their state legislators and tell them to co-sponsor the legislation.
Finally, Robert also updates our listeners on local climate action planning in Wisconsin and why it is so important to advancing climate justice.
Listen to the show.
Donate/Join Citizen Action.
- UW-Platteville will slash 111 jobs, following UW-Oskosh layoffs.
- We are now above 565 mass shootings for 2023, with two in Maine last night resulting in at least 16 fatalities and 50+ injuries.
- UAW tentative agreement reached with Ford and record contracts reported.
- Brewers stadium deal will likely need changes to pass the Senate.
- Brewers ballpark funding plan gets Senate hearing. It will need changes to win approval.