“Reviving our sick democracy will improve our health” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
The national media is touting a Child Care Tax Credit that passed the House of Representatives Wednesday, but long time child poverty advocate Gwen Moore and Mark Pocan voted no. Why were the champions of President Biden’s Child Tax Credit against this bill? What does the bill have to do with more big tax breaks for self-dealing corporations? Next we dissect the details of the latest state Legislative GOP tax cut for the wealthy, where taxpayers with incomes under $100,000 (59.6% of all fillers) would receive only 26.4% of the cut and taxpayers with incomes of $100,000 or more (40.4% of filers) would receive 73.6% of the cut!
Gov. Evers rightly vetoes the latest GOP Legislative maps, as Republicans press Janet Protasiewicz to recuse herself from the challenge to the state’s Congressional maps. Robert tells us more about a Calumet Co. Judge ruling that factory farms may not avoid DNR permits and the GOP pushing constitutional amendment to ban preferences for historically marginalized groups.
We look at Wisconsin Republican efforts to support TX Governor Greg Abbott’s nullification of federal immigration law. Finally we discuss some real solutions to the sudden and dangerous closure of major hospitals and clinics in Chippewa Valley.
Listen to the show!
Join/Donate Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
- Child tax credit expanded, business tax breaks get new life in bill passed by U.S. House.
- A bipartisan child tax credit passed the House. Here’s why Milwaukee’s Gwen Moore voted no.
- Evers Silent on New GOP Tax Plan.
- Gov. Evers vetoes Republican legislators’ maps proposal.
- Republicans press Janet Protasiewicz to recuse from challenge to congressional maps.
- Judge upholds clean water regulations for factory farms in challenge against DNR.
- Calumet Co. Judge rules factory farms may not avoid DNR permits.
- GOP’s latest proposal to eliminate DEI receives public hearing.
- Republicans Are Embracing Rebellion. The Federal Government Must Respond.