By Their Roots You Shall Know Them
A joyous celebration of 40 years of powerful organizing
We will break bread and toast the proud (and often hidden history) of Citizen Action, and consider our critical role in the fight to save and restore multiracial democracy.
- Our founding at the outset of the Reagan Revolution to fight back against the corporate attack on multiracial democracy and a century of economic progress.
- How our grassroots organizing was shaped by our fight for new progressive advances in an era of rising inequality, unbridled corporate greed, and the betrayal of racial justice.
- Our pioneering role as the first social justice group to build statewide electoral power.
- Citizen Action’s perseverance in the 1980s when the right almost put us out of business after we played a leading role in a critical US Senate race.
- Near death experiences in the 1990s and 2000s.
- And how our persistence and commitment led to pivotal advances in health care, tax fairness, accountable economic development, climate justice, and the election of progressives to state and local office.
From the past we learn who we are and what we must do in the future!
We will also hear how Citizen Action’s triumphs and travails over 40 years of struggle prepared us for our pivotal role in defending democracy in 2024, and launching a new era of progressive accomplishments.
RSVP Now for Monday, March 11th, 2024
6:00 – 8:00pm
Enlightened Brewing, 2020 S Allis St, Milwaukee, WI 53207