We check in on the federal COVID-19 debate in Congress. After months of failure, are the nation’s lawmakers about to deliver meaningful relief? Claire presents new research quantifying the deep financial hardship the pandemic has inflicted on American families and why the failure of political leadership is so devastating. The Electoral College declared Joe Biden the winner this week as all legal options for the snake oil salesman-in-chief have now closed. That didn’t stop Sen. Ron Johnson from embarrassing himself this week with his sham hearing on the election. We talk about disturbing news that the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association emailed a document to thousands of law enforcement agencies comparing Black Lives Matter activists to terrorists. Also the City of Milwaukee Common Council is prepared to turn down federal money for more police officers.
TAKE ACTION! Contact Gov. Tony Evers and tell him to make sure a BadgerCare Public Option is included in his next State Budget.
Watch hilarious video of former IL Governor Rod Blagojevich wishing Wisconsin State Rep. John Nygren well as he abruptly leaves the Wisconsin Legislature to lobby for the health insurance industry. Video was authorized and paid for by the one and only Scot Ross.
- COVID-19 Cases Continue Decline In Wisconsin As Nearly 200 Health Care Workers Vaccinated.
- Biden team looks at expanding access to ACA insurance marketplaces early in term.
- More bad jobs news: 885,000 people filed for unemployment benefits last week.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Biden’s win, rejects Trump lawsuit.
- Ron Johnson’s last hearing as chair of the Senate homeland security committee unfolds in post-election acrimony.
- US Sen. Ron Johnson’s Election Hearing Revives Trump Arguments Rejected In Court.
- Unemployment insurance woes get auditors’ spotlight.
- International police association with deep Wisconsin ties spreads claim that BLM activists are ‘terrorists’.