Trump & Republicans Attack Wisconsin Election Workers
We have a special interview with Wisconsin Election Commissioner (WEC) Mark Thomsen about Trump and the GOP’s baseless accusations that every Wisconsin election clerk conducted illegal election activities. Wednesday evening, Republican WEC commissioners asserted, with no evidence, that Milwaukee and Dane County would illegally restrict access to GOP recount observers. Commissioner Dean Knudson said he was willing to throw out all absentee ballots requested online through WEC, which if it happened would likely swing the election to Trump. Our panel also discusses the escalating COVID-19 crisis in Wisconsin, including Governor Evers’ extension of the mask mandate and his new COVID-19 legislation. We welcome Racine Education Association president Angelina Cruz to discuss the very strong letter WEAC leaders sent to Gov. Evers and DHS Secretary designee Andrea Palm asking for clear state standards on in-person schooling. We also talk about other local elected officials who are receiving threats for proposing local health measures that would slow the spread of the pandemic.
Listen – Episode #468
The first step to becoming a Milwaukee election recount volunteer is to sign up for an initial training HERE.
- Wisconsin recount gets off to a rough start as Elections Commission repeatedly clashes.
- After multiple deadlocks, partisan jabs, Elections Commission orders Wisconsin recount.
- Wisconsin’s divisive presidential recount begins.
- Trump pursues recount of 2 liberal Wisconsin counties.
- Gov. Tony Evers unveils new COVID relief bill; Vos calls it ‘more of the same’.
- Gov. Tony Evers to extend state COVID-19 emergency declaration and mask mandate into next year.
- Gov. Tony Evers says he will extend mask mandate into 2021.
- New Public Health Order Prohibits Indoor Gatherings, Limits Outdoor Gatherings to 10 People in Dane County.
- These venues are high-risk areas for spreading the coronavirus, model suggests.
- Racine Public Health Department orders schools to close until Jan. 15.
- Wisconsin Officials Are Getting Threats Before Vote on COVID Safety Measures.
- St. Croix County Board Kills More Measures to Keep People Safe From COVID-19.
- Evers Introduces New Proposals to Deal With COVID-19. Vos Holds Presser But Offers.