“A verdict on America” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome JoAnna Bautch, Citizen Action’s Movement Politics Director, as a guest panelist. The panel responds to the guilty verdict in the Derrick Chauvin trial and puts it in perspective. We discuss the police reform recommendations from Wisconsin’s Legislative racial disparities task force which was set up by House Speaker Robin Vos to avoid taking meaningful action. The Fox con continues, with a scaled back version that is still a terrible deal for Wisconsin. Switching to the national scene, we have a great conversation on the growing bipartisan anti-China politicization in American politics with Tobita Chow, the Director of People’s Action’s Justice is Global project. We also review Citizen Action’s Climate Equity Week of Action, putting a focus on major Green New Deal opportunities at the federal, state and local level.
Listen Now – Episode #489
TAKE ACTION for Climate Equity.
- ’Amen!’—Wisconsin Reacts to Chauvin Conviction. State’s Racial Disparities Task Force Begins to Wrap Up.
- Citizen Action Praises Chauvin Guilty Verdict: Calls for Transformational Reform of the Entire System.
- Racial disparities task force releases first recommendations.
- Racial disparities task force divides over statewide use of force standard.
- Legislative task force on racial disparities issues recommendations for policing.
- Wisconsin racial disparities task force releases 18 policing recommendations.
- Citizen Action supports the introduction of the Civilian Climate Corps.
- Foxconn, state agree to new deal; Foxconn expecting to hire up to 1,454 by 2025. The company originally promised to hire up to 13,000 people.
- From $2.85 billion down to $80 million: Foxconn’s new contract has much less aid, reduced jobs goal.
- Evers, Foxconn Reach New Agreement Lowering Burden On Taxpayers.
- Foxconn deal lowers company’s targets, cuts costs to state.
- Wisconsin advocates push for more budget hearings.
- Gallagher, Khanna, Young, and Schumer Introduce Bipartisan Endless Frontier Act to Help U.S. Compete with China.