“Anti-Vax Ron Johnson” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
Our panel discusses Senator Ron Johnson’s continued anti-vaccination lies while the county struggles with slowing vaccination rates. How many will die because of Johnson’s political ambitions and loyalty to the ex President? We update the state budget battle following Republican’s action in the Joint Finance Committee to strip hundreds of popular items. We also review the latest rash of terrible GOP bills on everything from school vouchers to more attacks on the voting process being pushed through the Legislature and certain to be vetoed by Governor Evers. Vital Federal pandemic recovery money will start to roll out to states and local governments as Wisconsin discovers our share will be $700 million less. Legislative Republicans are also preparing to impose more Unemployment Insurance barriers to acquiring vitally needed benefits, following other red state Governor’s blaming the unemployed, while a new conservative report pushes privatization of Wisconsin’s unemployment system in the wake of pandemic dysfunction at the agency. What could go wrong? We close by encouraging our listeners to attend the Fair Maps Rally at the State Capitol next Monday, May 17th at Noon.
LISTEN NOW – EPISODE #492
- Ron Johnson stoops lower with misguided anti-vaccine ‘questions’.
- Fact-checking Sen. Ron Johnson’s anti-vaccine misinformation.
- ‘We have hit the wall’: Wisconsin’s COVID-19 vaccination rate is slowing down. Here’s why new approaches are needed.
- Wisconsin Will Get $700M Less In Federal COVID-19 Aid Than Expected.
- Possible cut in federal funds ‘hurts’, says Evers, while Congress members urge Treasury to reverse its plan.
- More than $350B in federal recovery cash starts rolling out to states, cities, counties.
- ‘They Don’t Really Like Each Other’: Republican Infighting Could Delay Budget Passage, Lawmaker Says.
- Report says state should outsource unemployment services after pandemic failures.
- A Wisconsin lawmaker wants unemployed residents to be required to look for work to qualify for benefits by the end of May.
- Republicans Move To Reinstate Work Search Requirement For Unemployment.
- Lies, damn lies and school voucher statistics.
- Assembly passes bill to stop local governments using private money to pay for elections.
- Assembly passes bill expanding school voucher eligibility.
- Assembly passes bill requiring the national anthem be played at certain sporting events.
- Assembly passes joint resolution calling for Constitutional Convention.